Friday, September 15, 2017

Our Favorite Tool, Used for Everything from Piecing to Quilting to Binding!

Did you know that ByAnnie.com has a wide range of free online tutorials to help you learn to do everything from work with Soft and Stable® to sewing a Folding Wallet?

As part of the Road to California Bag Challenge Blog hop, today we are highlighting our video series on how to finish a piece with binding using ByAnnie's Stiletto & Pressing Tool. We hope these help you achieve fast results and help you make better and more functional bags!

GIVEAWAY ALERT: See details at the bottom.



ByAnnie's Stiletto & Pressing Tool Tutorial Series


An Overview of Uses for ByAnnie's Stiletto and Pressing Tool
Find out some of Annie's favorite uses for this fantastic tool!



Using the Stiletto as a Walking Foot
In this video, we'll show you how to the Stiletto portion of this tool can act as a walking foot, allowing fabric to be sewn to a piece of Soft and Stable®.



Pressing Seams
Watch how we use the Pressing portion of this tool to press down your seams right at your sewing machine.  No more trips back and forth to your ironing board!




Attaching Bindings to Vinyl
Learn how to attach your binding to a vinyl pocket.  With the Stiletto's help, see how easy it is to get a professional, flawless-looking finish.



Attaching Bindings to Mesh Pockets
Discover how much easier it is when using the Stiletto & Pressing tool while attaching your binding to the trickier mesh fabric.



Attaching Bias Bindings
In this video, Annie demonstrates how to attach bias binding.  Using the Stiletto and Pressing Tool makes going around corners so much easier!



ByAnnie's Stiletto and Pressing Tool: Introduction
Learn more about how ByAnnie developed this great tool and what it can be used for.





Giveaway!  ByAnnie's Stiletto and Pressing Tool!
As part of the blog series we are giving away two ByAnnie Stiletto and Pressing Tools (a $20 value).

The two random people that do both of the following before September 20, 2017 win!

1) Comment below about what you learned from the videos.
2) Email us at marketing@byannie.com with your home address.


The On the Road Challenge is sponsored by Road to California and Soft and Stable®. The last day to submit your bag to the challenge is October 1st, 2017. Official rules and entry details can be found here:

This blog is part of the "On the Road" Bag Challenge blog hop. To see previous posts, Click here.

While there is no limit to the number of entries a person may submit, there is a fee per entry: $10 for an online entry and $15 if the entry is mailed in. All entry packets must be received by October 1, 2017. Winning entries and additional entries selected for display will be notified by December 1, 2017.

24 comments:

  1. I have watched ALL of the ByAnnie videos (including the Crafsty classes). I learned that I CAN make a quality bag, in any style, with the right tools. Soft and Stable is the best tool on the market. I don't have the Stiletto tool yet, hint, hint :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After making three of the Ultimate travel bags and one of the essential backpacks I have learned the pleasure of using a stiletto. Now it is always near my sewing machine. Thank you Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Annie's patterns, videos and Craftsy classes! I've learned how much I enjoy making bags of various types with the right patterns and the right teacher. And yes, my stiletto is ALWAYS in use. ByAnnie's stiletto would be so much better than my old bamboo one though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tool looks fantastic! I use a stiletto at times, but I haven't found one -- yet -- that has such a nice long handle for good grip. And the pressing, especially for paper piecing, would be so much easier than getting up from the machine to go to the iron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned there are many uses for the stiletto and I need to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned there are many ways to use a stiletto. I've only seen people of pbs quilting shows use stilettos. I've never tried one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ByAnnie's Stiletto & Pressing Tool is very helpful when using a quarter inch foot. It basically mimics a walking foot by applying even pressure and helps keep your fabric layers neat and even. The presser end of the tool allows you to press open seams without having to get up and move back and forth to your iron board which means more time to be sewing! Yay! Thanks for the super tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned that the stiletto has multiple uses! Great tips! I also learned not to press my bindings before I sew them. That's a habit I will certainly change! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you can use the stiletto as a walking foot! I try to learn something new everyday, and today you were my teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who knew it was so hard to develop a great stiletto. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've learned much via Annie's tutorials and Craftsy classes --- most significant take away: I now have all the tools, tips and tricks needed to build confidence within to make serveral Ultimate Travel Bags for Christmas gifts. Thank you, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She did a great job showing how to attach bias bindings on the clutch bag. I learned a new technique on how to join the bias binding. The process was easy to understand and follow. In December, I am taking a class at Inspired to Sew from Annie and can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great tips for using a stiletto ... don't press the binding in half before attaching to fabric, can be used as a walking foot to seal the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've learned that the stiletto tool is invaluable....it is either in my hand or close to it whenever I am sitting at my sewing machine. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so ingenious the way you use the stiletto. I never would have thought to use it as a walking foot or to add the lining after you've put the main fabric on the soft and stable. This just may change everything for me. Thank you for these videos. I learn something every time I watch one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These videos are so helpful. And, I learned that I need to get the ByAnnie's Stiletto and Pressing Tool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely videos! I really need to get a stiletto! Thanks for the info! mumbird3(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I learned that I really NEED a stiletto! Thanks for the videos...��

    ReplyDelete
  19. Learned how to make some awesome mesh bags!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Learned about holding my stiletto at a 90 degree angle and that my stiletto doesn't have the pressing feature (wooden iron) at the other end. Like Annie's stiletto much better. Thanks for the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The videos are so helpful! I learned how to use the stiletto to help get the bias binding on smoothly. And I learned I need to take time to watch more Annie videos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love my ByAnnie Stiletto and Pressing Tool. I use it every time I sew anything. Thanks Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the ByAnnie projects. I've taken the craftsy classes and made several projects. Although I don't have a ByAnnie Stiletto and Pressing Tool yet, I see the great benefit it brings to the overall quality and finish of the projects...especially when putting on binding. I also love the video tutorials, thank you for all of them, they are an awesome resource.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you to everyone that commented and sent in their addresses! We had a great response and we were so glad to see that the videos were beneficial to each of you. In the end, we decided to award four Stilettos. If you are among these four, you will get an email in your inbox shortly. Thank you again to everyone for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com