Friday, December 12, 2014

Belated October Memories

Breast Cancer Awareness month has come and gone, but we are still sporting our pink proudly.

Casey's story: I love public parks. From national monuments to suburban grass fields, from botanical gardens to concrete courts, I love them all. Parks, the most remote and the most urban, unfold their open space and embrace a visitor in a moment of relaxation, reflection and space. In doing so, they allow people from all walks of life to come together in play, enjoyment, gathering and love. I know this... after all, my wife and I had our first kiss in a park.

Kissing aside, this is my favorite photo of a park. I love the fact that pink is such a prominent color across the entire photo. I love that a man is in a pink shirt (a seemingly forbidden color for most men in US Mountain West). And, I love the cat.

I put this photo together for our October Breast Cancer Awareness fundraising, where we raised $1,000 for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. It isn't much, but it is more than nothing and we were proud to write that check in mid-November. Thank you to all of our customers who bought pink products throughout October.

Last, since this post has included so many things I love, I'd like to say I love my wife Gloria. If you didn't see Gloria's story about cancer, I suggest visiting our October newsletter. Thank you and happy holidays!

1 comment:

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com