Saturday, August 2, 2014

Red Star Flower Inspiration

-------------------------------------------Red Stars------------------------------

Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you!

Casey's story:  In biology class we learn about the symbiosis of flowers and bees. The bee comes to the flower to drink its nectar and in the process collects pollen. The pollen is then carried from flower to flower helping the plant to reproduce and create unique new flowers. Through this simple example we get a glimpse of the grand unified theory. We learn that we are not alone, but rather that each individual and each specie (should this be species?) is connected to others.

While I didn't take a biology class in college, I did develop my love for photography. Through the lens I saw beauty in a different way. I saw flowers in a different way. I was able to focus on my subject and allow everything else to fade to the back. This photo is among the earliest of my collection taken when I was just learning to use my camera. It was taken with a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 lens which has a delightfully-short focal length and therefore, even though it is a telephoto, it can get some nice macro shots.

I hope this photo inspires you with color. I hope you too can focus on the beauty in this world. And, most of all, I hope this photo can connect us all.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com