Friday, July 20, 2012

Quilt Hawaii

I had a wonderful time at Quilt Hawaii on the beautiful island of Kauai in late June. I got to relax on the beach for a couple of days (heaven!) before starting classes. The first class was "Feeling Crabby" and I had a delightful, fun group of ladies in that class. Everyone got at least one of each block done in class and we had a great time.
We followed that class with three days of intensive thread training. Because Bob and Heather (Superior Threads owners) were unable to attend (Bob broke his foot the week before!), I taught the entire School of Threadology by myself. That was a first for me, but it went very well.
In lieu of Bob's class, we'd planned to show his Thread Therapy with Dr. Bob DVD presentation. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the machine to work. Fortunately, Bob and Heather's son, Todd, was vacationing on the island at the same time, so he stepped up to the plate and presented Bob's lecture. He did a masterful job. I told Bob and Heather that they can feel confident that the company will be in good hands when they are ready to retire!
I was impressed with the care and attention to detail that each of the students put into their projects. They were hard workers and good listeners and just a very fun group of ladies.
I had such fun teaching the classes and enjoyed sharing the fun of using all kinds of threads, Texture Magic, fusible thread, Soft and Stable and more. We'll be back at the same location on Kauai next June. If you'd enjoy a learning vacation in paradise, come join us. I'll be sure to include info in my newsletter as dates, times and schedules are solidified. More information can be found at quiltventures.com . For questions please email Faye at fayequilt@comcast.net .

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so happy to read that all went well. I just knew it would! The picture looks like you were having a wonderful time! So cute! I know the students will take back many precious memories and oodles of information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com