Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wickedly Easy Quilts

Many of you have downloaded the free patterns on my website and one of the perennial favorites is the free pattern for Wickedly Easy Quilts.

Made using one basic 16" block, these quilts are great for philanthropy projects, dorm quilts, or just a way to use up your stash. They're so easy to make it's almost sinful!

I hear often from quilt groups who want to make these quilts for charity projects and I am usually happy to give permission for them to make copies of the pattern for those purposes. (Please contact me for information if your group would like to use the pattern.)

I recently received this email from Donna Hedrick:

In February of last year you gave me permission to use this pattern in my beginning quilting classes. Students are amazed that they can produce such a stunning quilt.



I wanted to share with you my last class because it was special. My church has a 'prayer quilt ministry' which gifts quilts to members who are in need of prayer. Only 2-3 ladies could take a pattern and complete a quilt.

So, this fall, I offered a class to teach the other ladies to make quilts. The class was free and the fabric, batting and backing were donated. The catch was, their quilt must be donated to the Ministry. We got a total of 8 quilts! If they wanted to make one for themselves, I also agreed to help them with that.




I'm sending to you pictures of the quilts; they are amazing! One lady is holding a picture of her quilt because it had already been gifted when the pictures were taken. Enjoy! And thanks! Donna Hedrick

Another quilter sent these pictures of two Wickedly Easy Quilts that she and a group of friends made for another friend who was battling breast cancer. I like the way they used the Breast Cancer symbol in the center of the quilt. (I'm sorry that I don't have the name of the quilter or recipient. Best wishes and thanks to all!)





Here are a few quilts made by Debbe Skovan:





Debbe writes:
I told you it is an addiction. :) I also did a lap size one but I guess I didn't take a picture. I've yet to quilt it.

Thank you to all of you for your efforts to provide warmth and comfort to those in need. Keep up the good work!

Happy stitching,

Annie

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I was refolding and reorganizing some of my stash today and wishing for a new pattern for more prayer quilts. I'm going to try this one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com

News from www.byannie.com

Patterns and other fun things for quilters and fabric lovers