Thursday, February 3, 2011

Loves Me!

I always like to see how other quilters have interpreted my quilt patterns. And, just in time for Valentine's Day, I've got some fun quilts to share.

Linda Huntsman recently sent pictures of a version of my Loves Me! pattern that she made for her granddaughter as a special quilt for her 13th birthday.

Linda used EQ7 to enlarge the quilts. (I offer special prices every day on EQ software and books. And, if you'd like to learn to use EQ, be sure to check out the upcoming classes that I will be teaching in March. EQ is an amazing program!)

Linda wrote:

I appreciated your quilting suggestions. I did some freehand embroidery for the words around the edge. It's been awhile since I've done any of that.



Its finished size is about 70 x 80. She wanted it for her bed. She got coordinating bedding for her birthday present. It took me awhile to finish it because (with three new grandbabies this year) I've been working on a lot of baby quilts.



Great job on the quilt, Linda! Thanks for sending pictures.

Another quilter, Linda Sidlow, made the Loves Me wall hanging for her granddaughter. Here's a picture of this Linda's quilt:



Linda says: "I have a hard time envisioning anything other than what the picture on pattern covers look like so I make duplicates! Picking out colors is not my thing! If the picture isn't appealing, then I usually don't buy the pattern. Crazy I know."

No, Linda, not crazy at all. I'm flattered!

To make the applique really easy on these quilts, I used my favorite mock needle-turn method. It's a great way to get the look of hand applique without all the effort. Read more and see pictures of the steps at my website.

To say Happy Valentine's Day to all of you, I am offering a 10% discount on Water Soluble Applique Foundation through the end of this month. Just use the discount code WSAF when you check out.

Note, too, that I've added a new link for Coupons and Discounts on left hand side of my website, so you can easily find all the current discounts and coupons offered.

Happy stitching,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com