Monday, February 16, 2009

Guest Blogging

I’m a Guest Blogger on Quilting Gallery

Thanks to Michele at Quilting Gallery for the opportunity to be a guest blogger on her site today, Monday, February 16. Click here or on the image above to read my blog entry. You'll get a little view of my sewing studio and some of the projects that I've been working on.

I'm happy to say that the new product mentioned in that blog will be available very soon.

Texture Magic™ by Superior Threads is a terrific new product for producing texture on fabric. Creating texture is now as easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

1. Mark a grid or other design on the Texture Magic™. . .



. . . and pin it to the wrong side of the fabric. (Or, skip marking and just stitch free-flowing lines.)



2. Stitch through both layers along the marked lines.



3. With the Texture Magic™ side up, apply steam to the fabric unit.



The Texture Magic™ will shrink (up to 30%). When the shrinking process is complete, the piece will be flat and even on back.



But, when you turn it over, you'll see the magic! You now have wonderful texture on your fabric.



Here is a tote bag that I made using the texturized fabric.



I'm working on a pattern for this bag (plus a larger size) and hope to have it ready to go before I leave on Friday for Asiolmar. Heather (Mother Superior) and I are excited to be taking a class there with Carol Taylor. I've always admired her style and can't wait to learn how she makes all those pieces fit. I think my favorites are the quilts in her Confetti series and her Linear series.

From Asilomar, we go directly to the Sew Expo in Puyallup, Washington. If you are attending the Expo, please stop by the Superior Threads booth to say hello. I will be demonstrating Texture Magic™ in the booth, so be among the first to experience the fun of quickly and easily creating texture on fabric.

Until then, happy stitching!

Annie

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad that I won't be at Sew Expo this year. I've been the past 2 years. My Army son is coming home to visit during his leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being a guest blogger! I loved the article. And I answered my own question that I left on your e-mail. I checked out Carol Taylor's web site. I want to see what you learn in her class at Asilomar! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com