Sunday, January 11, 2009

Classes, kits, zippers, and Road to California!

Happy new year! I hope that your holidays were happy, relaxing, and fun and that you are looking forward to a great new year.

2009 is shaping up to be as busy as ever. In between sewing some great new laptop carriers (more on that later), I've also been busy getting my 2009 schedule of classes and shows posted on my website.

Click here for a printable schedule of classes.
I'm especially excited about the four-part class Seasons which begins February 16. Learn my favorite methods for machine applique, paper-piecing, speed techniques, and marking and basting your quilt as you make this charming seasonal quilt.
And, if you've ever wanted to make a purse, tote, laptop carrier, or other fashion accessory using one of my patterns, you'll want to check out the Fashion Bags and Accessories class which will be in March at Let's Quilt. This two-part class will give you an opportunity to learn to quilt on a long-arm machine and to get step-by-step help assembling a bag using the pattern of your choice. In Session 1, Teryl and the staff at Let's Quilt will help you quilt your fabric. In Session 2, I will help you assemble your bag or accessory.

Let's Quilt is a fantastic long-arm training center which recently opened in St. George. The center features a whole slew of wonderful Innova long-arm machines plus expert training on the machines. For just $10 an hour, you can use one of the wonderful machines to quilt your own project.

I spent an enjoyable afternoon there with Teryl, Jeryl, and John this past week. They helped me every step of the way as I quilted two pieces of Bold Over Batiks! fabric to make samples from my Executive Carryalls pattern.
I was impressed with how easy it was to load the fabric and headliner foam onto the machine. Quilting the layers was a breeze and I was thrilled to find that my finished "quilt" was perfectly flat and even. (That's not always the case when I quilt the layers on my domestic machine!)
Due to the overwhelming response to my November posting regarding Bold Over Batiks! kits, I am now carrying Bold Over's kits for the Executive Carryall and Widescreen Laptop Case in addition to kits for the Laptop Case and Laptop Purse.

Because Bold Over Batiks! does not usually sell to the retail market, it is often hard to find their awesome fabrics. So, get them while they last!
Kits include Bold Over Batiks! handpainted fabric, the Executive Carryalls or Laptop Computers Carriers pattern, and the finishing kit with zippers, strapping and all the necessary hardware for the Laptop Purse or Executive Carryall.
The kits use one of Bold Over's striking batik prints for the body of the purse or case with a coordinating "solid" for the straps, handles, and lining. A coordinating border print adds extra interest to the pockets.
In addition to finishing kits for both the Executive Carryalls and Laptop Computer Carriers, I have also added 22" Heavy-duty Handbag Zippers to my website. These hard-to-find YKK #4.5 nylon-coil handbag zippers are perfect for all your bags, totes, and carriers. Currently zippers are available in black and light beige, but other colors are on order. Color cards showing all the colors available are on my website, so if you'd like a special zipper for your project, please let me know.



I will leave for Road to California on Tuesday, January 13. If you will be at the show, please stop by the Superior Threads booth to say hello!

Happy stitching!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com