Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And the winner is. . . Shimmer!

A big thank you to all who submitted name ideas for my newest pattern. It was obvious that you each put some serious thought into your submission and it was difficult for Heather and I to choose just one name for the pattern.
I was pleased to see that the "shimmering" quality of the quilt was apparent to so many of you. And, since I just couldn't seem to come up with that word on my own, I was thrilled to see "Shimmer"as a suggestion for the pattern name. Believe it or not, three people submitted that (or something close) as a name choice, making it the clear winner.
So, congratulations to Janet Best, Dorothy Schreyer, and Brenda (who posted on September 12). A hot-off-the-press pattern will be in the mail to each of you as soon as you send me a mailing address.
In other news, the October block of the month has been posted. How about making this cute paper-pieced cat block in black fabrics for a scary Halloween cat?
Click here to download the free patterns for the 2008 block of the month.
I'm busy getting ready for three shows this month: Pacific International Quilt Fest in California, and International Quilt Market and Quilt Festival in Houston. I've got several new patterns and some time-saving kits in the works. Watch for more info about all of those soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com

News from www.byannie.com

Patterns and other fun things for quilters and fabric lovers