Saturday, May 3, 2008

May Block of the Month. . . and I've Moved!



May's FREE block of the month, a beautiful butterfly, has been posted on the website. Paper piece the butterfly, then add triangles to each side of the block to skew it slightly. Finally, embroider antennae and embellish as desired.

Click here to download the free 2008 Block of the Month patterns.

It has been a busy month at my house. In between trips to the International Quilt Festival in Chicago and the AQS show in Paducah, we moved. After seventeen years in the same house, I was shocked at how much I had accumulated.

The new house has an awesome sewing room/studio and I'm slowly getting things settled into new places. There are two great closets in the room but no cabinets or drawers, so I'm really glad to have two great hanging organizers for storing and displaying rulers, cutters, manuals, and all the various supplies that a quilter accumulates.

Click here for more information about these handy over-the-door organizers.
I really was amazed at how many boxes it took to move my sewing room. . . and at how many unfinished projects I had, not to mention finished quilts and store samples which I'd made from my patterns. So, I think it's time for an online studio sale. Watch for more info about that soon.

Happy stitching!

Annie

1 comment:

  1. I love this! NOw is that clear plastic widely available? Or will I have to special order it from some place on line?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com