Friday, March 28, 2008

Laptop Computer Carriers pattern corrections

Good morning!

I sat down this past week to make a Laptop Purse and, since I couldn't find my personal copy of the pattern, I pulled a pattern off the sales shelf. As I worked, I came across a couple of things that didn't make sense to me. I finally figured out that somehow I must've copied patterns from the version BEFORE the final changes were made. YIKES!

When I write a pattern, I usually make the item once, then write the pattern. I then make another sample from the pattern and make adjustments to the text and drawings as I go. That process continues as I test the pattern and finally arrive at a final version. Somehow this pattern got copied from an interim version rather than the final version.

Anyway, I am posting a list of corrections that need to be made to the pattern. You can find it here:
http://www.byannie.com/images/laptop_corrections.pdf

The most important changes are to the cut size of the outer pocket on the Laptop Case(the picture is right; the measurements are not) and the point at which to baste the Inner Pocket A in place on the Laptop Purse. The pattern tells you to do it twice -- the second time is the correct time.

If you purchased a pattern from me before March 15, please make the changes to your pattern. If you purchased a pattern from me after March 15, you should be OK. Once I discovered the error, I discarded the remaining patterns and printed new ones.

If you prefer to receive a revised pattern with corrections made, please return the inner part of the pattern (everything except the front and back covers) and I will send you a new pattern.

Again, I am sincerely sorry for the incovenience. The initial run of these patterns was certainly not up to my usual standards.

Happy stitching,

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com