Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Quilt Care Instructions

I'm off for Seattle tomorrow to visit my kids and then attend the Sewing Expo in Puyallup, Washington. If you're lucky enough to get to the Expo, please stop by the Superior Threads booth to say hello.

I'll have lots of patterns and samples of many of my products, including my newest Laptop Purse, Laptop Case, and Purse Organizers.

I got a telephone call today from a quilter wondering about how to launder the quilt she just made for her sister. Because I baste with water-soluble thread and mark my quilting designs with washout markers, I wash all of my quilts. I use Orvus soap and wash in cold water on a delicate cyle. I've posted the complete instructions on my website in a PDF format.

There are four "labels" on an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of paper so that you can print them onto fabric and attach them to your quilts. In addition to washing instructions, the labels also include recommendations for display and storage of quilts.

Happy quilting!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com