Monday, January 28, 2008

Travel in style and comfort

When I started traveling to quilt shows around the country with Superior Threads, I noticed that Bob and Heather had these cushy little U-shaped neck pillows that they took along on every trip. They'd pull them out as soon as they got on the plane and soon they'd be sleeping like babies — while I tried to rest as my head bobbed and fell onto my neighbor's shoulder.

Heather finally let me borrow her pillow on one flight and I was hooked! Filled with microbeads and covered with a soft, plush fabric, the pillow has enough "give" to be soft and flexible while still providing good support. I bought myself a pillow in a handy plastic carrying case and it's the first thing I grab when I go on a trip.

When the handles on the plastic case started tearing, I decided it was time to make a new carrying case — something out of fun fabrics that would look better than plastic! And, of course, I wanted some pockets on the outside for carrying my boarding pass and snacks, and room inside for a bottle of water and a book or magazine.

Cushy neck pillow makes traveling enjoyable. Handy zippered case has space for pillow, book or magazine, water bottle and more.

My new pattern Travel Set includes complete instructions for the pillow and carrying case and also includes a bonus pattern for some cute luggage tags.
A hidden pocket on the back of these sturdy 3" x 5" tags holds a business card or other ID card for private and secure identification of your luggage.

Hidden pocket holds ID for private and secure identification of your luggage.

I made pillows, carrying cases, and matching luggage tags for all of my family for Christmas. For the gals, I used pretty fabrics. For a more masculine look for the guys, I used black cotton duck. I embroidered their monogram or name on the center of the pocket and used a coordinating colorful fabric for the handles, binding, and luggage tags.

You'll find more information and pictures at my website: www.byannie.com/travel_set_patterns.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

Annie
http://www.byannie.com