Monday, January 28, 2008

A new pattern for Laptop Computer Carriers

I'm excited to announce my newest pattern — Laptop Computer Carriers. The pattern includes two styles of laptop carrier:

  • A simple-to-make zippered case with an outside zippered pocket

  • A super laptop purse with zippered closure, four outside pockets (one zippered), and three open and one zippered inside pockets.


    This pattern was inspired by my daughter's request for a laptop case for Christmas. She is in law school and carries her laptop in her backpack along with her books and everything else. She wanted something simple that would protect her laptop but still fit in the backpack as she didn't want to carry another bag.

    We designed the Laptop Case for her and made it from the fun Olivia fabrics. It turned out really well! She wrote me this note: "Thank you so much for my computer bag. I will think of you every time I pull it out!" What more could a mom ask for?

    Easy-to-make laptop case has an outside zippered pocket.

    The zippers in these cases are SO easy to insert and easy-to-apply bias binding finishes the inside edges.

    Easy to apply bias binding finishes the inside edges.

    Since I was so pleased with her case, I decided it was time to get rid of my staid ol' black laptop bag and make something fun for myself. I wanted all the bells and whistles, so designed more of a purse-type bag with plenty of pockets to hold files and all the extras.

    Laptop purse has four outside pockets and one zippered and three open inside pockets.

    My Laptop Purse has lots of inside and outside pockets and hand-carrying handles plus an adjustable, detachable padded shoulder strap. I even included a back strap so that I can hook the purse on the handles of my rolling luggage when I travel.

    Laptop purse has adjustable and detachable padded carrying strap and back strap to fit over handles on rolling luggage for easy carrying.

    Don't you know someone who would enjoy a fun new purse or case for carrying their laptop computer? You can use your favorite fabrics and colors and make something really special.

    To make it even easier for you, I have found sources for the perfect zippers (sturdy and with large pulls) and all the necessary hardware for the cases. I will have Finishing Kits available soon on my website, so be sure to check that out.

    You'll find more info at my website:

    http://www.byannie.com/laptop_carriers_patterns.html
    .
  • 1 comment:

    1. wow... i think these are really creative looking bags... they are conversation pieces and are very useful features... good job and good luck with them..


      Laptop Carrying Cases

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for submitting a comment on my blog!

    Annie
    http://www.byannie.com